Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how will Reseting old ipad affect new ipad

Can I safely reset my old ipad mini (2) after setting up my new ipad mini (6)?

I started deleting photos from the old ipad and noticed that the same photo was deleted from the new one. I don't want that to happen if I do a complete reset on the old device.

how can I prevent these 2 ipads from communicating?

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:10 AM

If using Photos in iCloud, manual deletion of photos from one device will delete photos from all devices. Photos in iCloud is a synchronisation service - that keeps a synchronised copy in iCloud. Other Apps that synchronise via iCloud will behave the same.

If you wish to simply wipe a device for reuse, don’t try to manually delete files. Instead, follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Using this process will totally wipe the device - without affecting any files or data on other devices or in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 9:10 AM in response to oceanlady

If using Photos in iCloud, manual deletion of photos from one device will delete photos from all devices. Photos in iCloud is a synchronisation service - that keeps a synchronised copy in iCloud. Other Apps that synchronise via iCloud will behave the same.

If you wish to simply wipe a device for reuse, don’t try to manually delete files. Instead, follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Using this process will totally wipe the device - without affecting any files or data on other devices or in iCloud.

how will Reseting old ipad affect new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.