Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop won't see mac

Trying to Airdrop large files from my Mac to my wife's Mac. It won't work. I've opened the Firewall to system events, so it's not that. Both Macs are set to be discovered by Everyone.

Both Macs running macOS 11.6.1

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:32 PM

Airdrop requires that both Bluetooth and WiFI be enabled on both Macs. Have you done that? And as far as I know, the only Firewall setting that could affect Airdrop is that you need to make sure to Allow Incoming Connections for file sharing.

If your Mac and your wife's Mac are both on the same network, why don't you just use Sharing instead? Enable File Sharing in System Preferences on the target Mac, then log onto it from your other Mac. From there you can use the Finder to copy files.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:32 PM in response to James Braley

Airdrop requires that both Bluetooth and WiFI be enabled on both Macs. Have you done that? And as far as I know, the only Firewall setting that could affect Airdrop is that you need to make sure to Allow Incoming Connections for file sharing.

If your Mac and your wife's Mac are both on the same network, why don't you just use Sharing instead? Enable File Sharing in System Preferences on the target Mac, then log onto it from your other Mac. From there you can use the Finder to copy files.

Airdrop won't see mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.