Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I just listen to a voice message left by a caller on my iPhon 8?

I know this is a dumb question, but - How do I listen to a voice message left on my iPhon 8?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 2:24 PM

The Phone app is the icon on the iPhone that you tap on to make a phone call, green icon with the white telephone receiver in it. When you open that page, you see the voicemail icon in the right lower corner of the page. Tap that and it will bring you to this screen. I also circled the voicemail icon on the bottom of the page.

Then you tap on the voicemail message listing, like the one I have blackened out. It will open like this second image.

You will see the message screen, a transcript of the message if you have visual voicemail, the play button which I've pointed to, and then the audio button to choose where you want to the audio to play, the phone or the speaker.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 2:24 PM in response to BuzzardFace

The Phone app is the icon on the iPhone that you tap on to make a phone call, green icon with the white telephone receiver in it. When you open that page, you see the voicemail icon in the right lower corner of the page. Tap that and it will bring you to this screen. I also circled the voicemail icon on the bottom of the page.

Then you tap on the voicemail message listing, like the one I have blackened out. It will open like this second image.

You will see the message screen, a transcript of the message if you have visual voicemail, the play button which I've pointed to, and then the audio button to choose where you want to the audio to play, the phone or the speaker.

Jan 14, 2022 1:55 PM in response to FoxFifth

What exactly do you mean to "Tap of the hPone app"? What Phone app?

I appreciate your help here. This is an oddly difficult thing for me to do.

I'm new to mobile phones. This particular way to just listen to someone's voice message baffles me.

When I tap on the message, it brings up all kinds of options, except "Listen to voice message"

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

How do I just listen to a voice message left by a caller on my iPhon 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.