Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am currently reinstalling my Os it has been 4 hours and it’s stuck on the loading screen

I have spent 4 hours reinstalling Mac OS and it still stuck on the loading screen with the line. I turned it off during the process of it reinstalling os because the same thing which is happening now happened then did I break something

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:11 PM

Eeettgyfby Said:

"I have spent 4 hours reinstalling Mac OS and it still stuck on the loading screen with the line. I turned it off during the process of it reinstalling os because the same thing which is happening now happened then did I break something"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use a different external keyboard, if available option.

• Use Ethernet (Hardwired-Connection)

Ethernet will allow for a reliable connection.

• Install Via a USB Bootable Installer:

Try installing via a USB Bootable Installer.  Use a separate Mac to create one of these - use a 16GB flash drive. It is create in Terminal, with the correct drivers.

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 8:11 PM in response to Eeettgyfby

Eeettgyfby Said:

"I have spent 4 hours reinstalling Mac OS and it still stuck on the loading screen with the line. I turned it off during the process of it reinstalling os because the same thing which is happening now happened then did I break something"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use a different external keyboard, if available option.

• Use Ethernet (Hardwired-Connection)

Ethernet will allow for a reliable connection.

• Install Via a USB Bootable Installer:

Try installing via a USB Bootable Installer.  Use a separate Mac to create one of these - use a 16GB flash drive. It is create in Terminal, with the correct drivers.

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

I am currently reinstalling my Os it has been 4 hours and it’s stuck on the loading screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.