Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New AirTag linked to a different Apple ID?

I bought this air tag from Apple but it says it’s linked to another Apple ID? It used to be connected to my phone but it got disconnected and now it won’t reconnect even after multiple resets? How do I link it to my iPhone?

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 4:10 AM

Hi, it sound impossible that your air tag is linked to another Apple ID unless someone who has access to your phone unpaired from your phone and tagged it to a random made Apple ID to track you. Be careful.

In this case there is nothing you can do until the person who the tag is linked to removes it from their device

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 4:10 AM in response to GamertagNumber6

Hi, it sound impossible that your air tag is linked to another Apple ID unless someone who has access to your phone unpaired from your phone and tagged it to a random made Apple ID to track you. Be careful.

In this case there is nothing you can do until the person who the tag is linked to removes it from their device

New AirTag linked to a different Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.