Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are emails that were sent to me while my iCloud storage was full just gone forever?

So my iCloud storage got full today & I’m just a little concerned because although I’ve fixed the problem since then by deleting old emails & freeing up space as well as upgrading my storage back to what it was before it knocked me off this plan & back down to 5 gb when it got too full.

there’s absolutely NO way at all to see the emails that were sent to me today but that I couldn’t receive?? There’s nothing I can do with backup/restore or anything?! :/ or even another cloud storage app? Also- what are some good solutions to prevent this from happening when/if my storage gets too full again & stops allowing me to receive emails? What can I do to make sure this doesn’t happen again?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 2:13 AM

Any emails sent while the storage was full would have been bounced back to the senders, so at least they would know that they hadn't arrived and may possibly resend or contact you by another method. There's nothing you can do about it.

1 reply

Are emails that were sent to me while my iCloud storage was full just gone forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.