Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery maximum capacity 100%

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:43 AM

12 replies

Jan 15, 2022 3:24 PM in response to lobsterghost1

lobsterghost1 wrote:
I would hope they would discourage or even refuse such a service. A battery at 91% should operate normally for some time to come.

I understand concerns about electronic waste, but batteries are just one thing that can be replaced proactively. I'm pretty sure that after the iPhone battery replacement promotion in 2018, (depending on the location) Apple has replaced batteries on demand, like I got for $29 during that promotion when my battery was still at 88% battery health.

Jan 15, 2022 4:03 PM in response to lobsterghost1

lobsterghost1 wrote:
That applied to specific models of iPhone, which were clearly noted in advance. It did not apply to just any iPhone model. Different time, different circumstance.

I haven't tried since then, but there are some discussions that indicate Apple (or an AASP) will perform a proactive battery service if the customer pays for it, but certainly not under warranty or AppleCare.

I totally understand other Apple devices where it's under 80% or no go on a new battery.

Battery maximum capacity 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.