You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The NEW MacBook with M1 MAX Melted My SD Card

The Newest MACBOOK PRO with the M1 MAX chip Melted my SD card while Transferring Photos. Now, the SD Slot doesn't work anymore and I lost ALL of the photos. I had moved over to Windows a few years due to Apple's Declining Product quality and I stepped back into the Apple community because of the new M1 technology and I am regretting this decision :(

I saw someone else post the same issue and I urge everyone who has this issue to do the same. This is widely UNACCEPTABLE. They should take the work "PRO"off of this machine. What a let down!!!

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 1:29 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 20, 2022 1:17 PM in response to Bryan Mir

I just had the same issue with the same SD Micro adapter. I was lucky enought to catch it before it melted completely rendering the slot useless. From what I can see the M1 Pros do not like micro SD adapters. I have tried it with 5 other ones as well and 3 out of 5 of them got hot to the touch in seconds. Also this happened as soon as my 60 day period for purchasing apple care ended. I don't know if this helps but I would highly recommend using a full size SD card with a faster transfer rate.

The NEW MacBook with M1 MAX Melted My SD Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.