Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air FaceTime Audio Issues

My early 2015 MacBook Air is having audio problems on FaceTime calls. I hear interference when the other person speaks. I've resorted to using my iPhone for FaceTime calls.

The audio is fine when watching videos/listening to music.

Has anyone else had this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 1:37 PM

MG3861,

Does that still persist after verifying that macOS is all up to date per the recommendations from this resource? If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Regards.

4 replies

Jan 16, 2022 2:16 PM in response to MG3861

Hello MG3861,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about those audio difficulties with your FaceTime calls on your MacBook Air.

Has this occurred with multiple Wi-Fi networks?

Have you experienced this behavior with multiple contacts?

If you use a headset with your Mac, does that behavior still persist?

Have you had the opportunity to test this behavior with any other video calling apps?

Hopefully those details will help to isolate this behavior further.

Take care.

Feb 7, 2022 7:18 PM in response to chuckbl

Here are the responses to your testing questions:

Has this occurred with multiple Wi-Fi networks? Yes

Have you experienced this behavior with multiple contacts? Yes

If you use a headset with your Mac, does that behavior still persist? No, audio is fine with AirPod Pros connected

Have you had the opportunity to test this behavior with any other video calling apps? Yes, there is no issue on Zoom calls

Mar 19, 2022 11:27 PM in response to chuckbl

Audio crackling complaints about FaceTime with Monterey on multiple Forums.

Here is the fix:

Go to Library>Preferences>Audio and delete all files in the Audio folder. You must have quit Facetime before you do this. Then start FaceTime and the problem will be fixed.

Please have Apple add this to troubleshooting page.

MacBook Air FaceTime Audio Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.