Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Car Play stopped working this week

As I was driving, the map on my dashboard went out and there was a message to connect an iPhone to the USB port. I received a notification that a Software update to my iPhone, version 15.2.1 would fix bugs so that Apple Car Play would work better. I downloaded the updated IOS. Still getting the error message and have an appointment with Volkswagen but I really don't think it is a faulty USB port. I think the phone isn't being recognized.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:11 PM

7 replies

Jan 15, 2022 9:32 PM in response to snoopyone

snoopyone Said:

"Apple Car Play stopped working this week: [...]I received a notification that a Software update to my iPhone, version 15.2.1 would fix bugs so that Apple Car Play would work better.[...]"

-------

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this occurred after installing this update
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

Jan 15, 2022 9:08 PM in response to Axel Foley

Got the notification from Apple via email. I have tried several cables. I haven't tried another iPhone. I have a scheduled appointment with VW for my Tiguan but I suspect this is an operating system error since I received the email stating it would fix bugs to update the IOS and the iPhone was plugged into the USB port while I was driving with the maps app open when it cut out. So weird.

Apple Car Play stopped working this week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.