Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

So I lost my apple watch which was the newest version in July of 2021. It is obviously dead and I lost it while traveling. It is now saying it is at my house. Is it possible to now to ping an Apple Watch if it is dead on “find my iPhone”? Still can’t find it anywhere but it keeps updating saying it is there about every 12 hours.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 6:09 PM

Usually if a device is offline, it won’t let you ping it with Find My. If the device has battery, and is detected by an online Apple device linked to the Find My network, it’s location could potentially be updated.

9 replies

Jan 23, 2022 2:16 PM in response to mnoonan9106

Me too! Have lost my apple watch since november. Went out of town in december, the watch pinged where i was. Decided to wait until i got back home to see— it pinged at home. Now i’m out of state, and it still pings to wherever i go. Periodically, sometimes early in the morning or late in the day, it will ping wherever my phone is. No luck with the Watch however. Kept thinking it might’ve been in my car, until Find My shows it pings to my exact location which is far far away from my car.

Mar 4, 2022 4:04 AM in response to vn.huynh

Pretty much my story, too. From the "iCloud Find My" app, watch image shows a blank display and reports "offline," from "MacBook app Find My" blank display and reports "no location found," and lastly, from my "iPhone app Find My" I get these periodic "daily" reports that seems to match where I (and phone) was at that time of the report. My home network has shown it as offline for the last month. I've torn my computer backpack apart three times, hoping to find it, but I am about to just record it as lost and buy a new one!

Mar 23, 2022 10:16 AM in response to mnoonan9106

I am experiencing the same problem! My apple watch is dead (and hopefully at my house), but it pings twice a day wherever my phone is. Find my says it is wherever my phone is, and that it travels from school, work, home, and even vacation out of country. I would love to find the device but I can’t even look at where the located was last pinged before it died. All my other apple devices say when they are dead besides my watch.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.