Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Muffled AirPods Pro mic

Why does my AirPods Pro mic all of a sudden sound muffled, I used to have really good call quality, but today, all of a sudden everything changed out of nowhere, it sounds fine if I call on handset, or on speaker, but for some reason my AirPods mic is just wack, I recorded a voice memos with it, and you could hardly understand me, it’s so annoying, please help.

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:43 PM

Muffled_AirPods_mic Said:

"Muffled AirPods Pro mic: Why does my AirPods Pro mic all of a sudden sound muffled, I used to have really good call quality, but today, all of a sudden everything changed out of nowhere[...]"

-------

Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

If Used in a Closed Space:

If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

Report this to Apple:

Do Your Part:  If you keep updating your items, and you keep coming across this issue, then apparently, it is not be reported enough. So, report this to Apple. The more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and fixes to include in fixes to come..

Contacting Apple Support:

1. Go here: Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it this far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 8:43 PM in response to Muffled_AirPods_mic

Muffled_AirPods_mic Said:

"Muffled AirPods Pro mic: Why does my AirPods Pro mic all of a sudden sound muffled, I used to have really good call quality, but today, all of a sudden everything changed out of nowhere[...]"

-------

Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

If Used in a Closed Space:

If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

Report this to Apple:

Do Your Part:  If you keep updating your items, and you keep coming across this issue, then apparently, it is not be reported enough. So, report this to Apple. The more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and fixes to include in fixes to come..

Contacting Apple Support:

1. Go here: Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it this far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Muffled AirPods Pro mic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.