You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green snake of death

Watch has the green snake of death.

when I leave it on charge it doesn’t do anything. If I try to force reset it. It doesn’t show the apple logo, just goes back to the green snake??

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 9:42 PM

Hello,

Im not exactly sure what screen you are describing but if its the charging symbol with cable it needs to stay on the charger for at least 30 minutes.

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

"If your watch requires charging, a red lightning bolt appears on the screen. (You might need to click the side button to see the watch face.) When your watch is charging, the red lightning bolt changes to a green lightning bolt . If your screen is blank or you see the charging cable icon and a red lightning bolt on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes."

Do you mean you are trying to reset or restart it while it's charging? If the screen is the previous do not attempt to do this.

Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Note: You can’t restart your Apple Watch while it’s charging."

I hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2022 9:42 PM in response to shannan130

Hello,

Im not exactly sure what screen you are describing but if its the charging symbol with cable it needs to stay on the charger for at least 30 minutes.

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

"If your watch requires charging, a red lightning bolt appears on the screen. (You might need to click the side button to see the watch face.) When your watch is charging, the red lightning bolt changes to a green lightning bolt . If your screen is blank or you see the charging cable icon and a red lightning bolt on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes."

Do you mean you are trying to reset or restart it while it's charging? If the screen is the previous do not attempt to do this.

Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Note: You can’t restart your Apple Watch while it’s charging."

I hope this helps.

Green snake of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.