Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video playback choppy

I recorded a video on Photobooth that was 45 mins long. I can watch the video but as soon as I press later on the timeline then it gets choppy. (if I press at 5mins in, it will not play normal anymore)

I recorded a video that's 2 mins long and I am able to do this.

I tried clipping the video in shorter lengths. the first video worked but not the second. so the one that I clipped from 00 - 5mins works but not the one I clipped from 5-10mins. (they are both 5 mins long videos)

I watch other videos I have that are long so I believe it's something to do with the photobooth recording. But that's just my guess. any thoughts. any similar experiences?

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 9:47 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 17, 2022 9:54 AM in response to lala183

Greetings lala183, 

We understand that you’re encountering an issue when attempting to scrub through a specific video recorded in Photo Booth. 

You mentioned that you’re able to watch the video. Are you able to watch it all the way through without any issues? 

Are you able to export the video from Photo Booth and use it without issues in other apps such as iMovie? Export photos and videos from Photo Booth on Mac

Thanks. 

Jan 17, 2022 4:15 PM in response to lala183

lala183, 

Let’s isolate the situation a bit more. Are you able to record another video using the Photo Booth app and see if the same thing happens? We want to see if the situation occurs with every recording. 

Are you using any external accessories when recording such as a microphone or camera? If so, does removing those change the behavior? 

Thank you. 

video playback choppy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.