Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot receive a verification code with my Apple TV

How do I enter a 2-step verification code on my Apple TV?

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 5:01 AM

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 5:01 AM in response to amcd1958

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

cannot receive a verification code with my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.