Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Apple Health with Samsung Health app and watch

I’ve got a Samsung Galaxy watch that’s paired with the Samsung Health app on my iPhone, which is then synced with the Apple Health app. I’ve noticed that Samsung Health records both “all steps” and then “mobile phone” steps as well. When I look at Apple Health, it’s only syncing the mobile phone steps and not all steps, such as those recorded by my watch only when I’m not carrying my phone. Is there a way to change the settings so that Apple Health syncs with “all steps” and not just those recorded when carrying my phone as well?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:33 AM

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

My watch is synced with the Samsung Health app, which is set up as a data source and synced with the Apple Health app as that link says.

The number of steps shown on my Apple Health app matches the number on steps shown on the Samsung Health app when the ”mobile phone” option is selected on Samsung Health. But when “all steps” is selected, the number of steps shown on Samsung Health is higher and includes the number of steps recorded on my watch as well. It’s as though Apple Health doesn’t accept the watch as a data source, but will sync with Samsung Health excluding those steps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 12:33 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

My watch is synced with the Samsung Health app, which is set up as a data source and synced with the Apple Health app as that link says.

The number of steps shown on my Apple Health app matches the number on steps shown on the Samsung Health app when the ”mobile phone” option is selected on Samsung Health. But when “all steps” is selected, the number of steps shown on Samsung Health is higher and includes the number of steps recorded on my watch as well. It’s as though Apple Health doesn’t accept the watch as a data source, but will sync with Samsung Health excluding those steps.

Syncing Apple Health with Samsung Health app and watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.