Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add device.

I have a replacement iPhone with the same number of my lost phone. How do I add it to my devices? I can see how to remove a device but not how to add.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:23 AM

From the article below.

Add a device to the list

To add a device to the list, you need to sign in with your Apple ID. After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS or iPadOS, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, iTunes & App Stores, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For macOS or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device. 
  • For Apple TV HD and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.
  • For Apple TV (3rd generation) and earlier, sign in to the iTunes Store on the device.

Your AirPods will appear in the Find My app, but they won't appear in your Apple ID device list. You can remove your AirPods from your account using Find My. Devices running iOS 7 or earlier or OS X Mavericks or earlier won't appear in your device list. 

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 8:23 AM in response to davidrfutbol

From the article below.

Add a device to the list

To add a device to the list, you need to sign in with your Apple ID. After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS or iPadOS, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, iTunes & App Stores, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For macOS or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device. 
  • For Apple TV HD and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.
  • For Apple TV (3rd generation) and earlier, sign in to the iTunes Store on the device.

Your AirPods will appear in the Find My app, but they won't appear in your Apple ID device list. You can remove your AirPods from your account using Find My. Devices running iOS 7 or earlier or OS X Mavericks or earlier won't appear in your device list. 

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.

Add device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.