Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won’t charge

is it time to buy a new battery

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 2:13 PM

Hi Discussipad, thank you for posting in Apple SupportCommunities.

It seems that your iPad model may not support IOS updates past IOS 12 and as such, even if you replaced the battery, you may still experience many problems using your iPad with apps and websites as Apple and developers are constantly updating their software.

You can check your iPad model against the IOS versions in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201222

And due to the age of you iPad, you may not be able to replace the battery or it may not be cost effective to replace.

Therefore, can I suggest that you consider purchasing a new iPad:

You are also welcome to discuss your iPad repair and/or purchase options with Apple Support.

You can do this as follows:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 2:13 PM in response to Discussipad

Hi Discussipad, thank you for posting in Apple SupportCommunities.

It seems that your iPad model may not support IOS updates past IOS 12 and as such, even if you replaced the battery, you may still experience many problems using your iPad with apps and websites as Apple and developers are constantly updating their software.

You can check your iPad model against the IOS versions in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201222

And due to the age of you iPad, you may not be able to replace the battery or it may not be cost effective to replace.

Therefore, can I suggest that you consider purchasing a new iPad:

You are also welcome to discuss your iPad repair and/or purchase options with Apple Support.

You can do this as follows:

My iPad won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.