Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing photos on message.

Always work until last 2 days. I go to photos, select a contact to send it to. I get the unable to share message. Thanks for any help I can get.

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:47 PM

Hi seattlekc,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are no longer able to share photos on Messages and we'd like to help.

First, we want to make sure we have covered some basic steps. Restarting often helps: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Do you have any issue sending a message without photos? These specific steps in If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, may help:

1. "Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need to have a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a mobile network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  2. Check with your network provider to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, such as MMS or SMS, is supported.
  3. If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you can't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, this feature may not be supported by your network provider."

Let us know.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 12:47 PM in response to seattlekc

Hi seattlekc,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are no longer able to share photos on Messages and we'd like to help.

First, we want to make sure we have covered some basic steps. Restarting often helps: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Do you have any issue sending a message without photos? These specific steps in If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, may help:

1. "Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need to have a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a mobile network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  2. Check with your network provider to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, such as MMS or SMS, is supported.
  3. If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you can't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, this feature may not be supported by your network provider."

Let us know.

Cheers!

Jan 18, 2022 2:34 PM in response to seattlekc

seattlekc,

Thanks for those details. Are you using Cloud Photos with Optimize Storage enabled? If so, test the behavior after downloading a photo to your device before attempting to share the photo: Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

"On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Tap Select, then tap a photo or video. Tap more than one to select multiple photos or videos, or tap Select All to select your entire library.
  3. Tap More  in the lower-right of your screen.
  4. Choose Download, then tap Download to confirm."

We also suggest making sure your iPhone is updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Jan 18, 2022 4:53 PM in response to Brian_P7

Thank you for your help on this matter! I was unable to go anywhere from this link provided. I have additional storage for iCloud. I did however discover, and should have before now that I can send all the rest of my photos as usual!! This is a photo that was sent to me that I saved to photos. I guess this one photo is the only thing I can’t send through messages! I don’t understand why I’m unable to send it though. At least the problem is different than I thought. I really appreciate you Brian-P7.

Jan 18, 2022 2:09 PM in response to bailier

Thanks for replying to my question! I’ve restarted the phone and mms is turned on. I’ve sent a lot of of pictures in the past. I’m having no trouble messaging people at all either. As soon as I click a picture and select a person to send it to, it says there’s a error in preparing to share please try again later. Anything else I can try? Thanks

Sharing photos on message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.