Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't remember ORIGINAL apple id on an ipad version 3

I have an ipad version 2 or three I want to give to a neighbourhood child. I have spoken to Apple support who gave me instructions on how to do what I am supposed to to UNLOCK the ipad at the APPLE ID screen ie: User ID / Password.

The screen asks me to put in the ORIGINAL user Id and password. The ID is no problem. The ORIGINAL password IS.

THis device was set up years ago, the APPLE ID has been changed many times since. I DON'T KNOW the original PASSWORD. Hence, no matter what I try I can not get past that screen.

I did 'apparently' updated it to the software this device supports BUT can't get in, no matter how many passwords I try.

I am looking for some way to get past this part. ANY IDEAS?????

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 2:07 PM

Forget this ancient, nearly 10 or 11-year old iPad.

Fully resetting this device will render this very old iPad model nearly useless, in 2022.

Sorry.

Apple ended support for all 9-11-year old iOS devices nearly 5 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, in 2022.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

AND, NO WAY to, initially, install any older, compatible, third party apps into this old iPad, any longer!

NO MORE SUPPORT! NO MORE APPS!

All 2011-2012 iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen iPad Mini models are fully and completely unsupported AND obsolete!

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 9-11-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now, in 2022.

In addition, the internal, rechargeable batteries in these old iPads are, also, running on borrowed time.

Not worth the costs to replace these old internal, rechargeable batteries in these old iPads, any longer, either.

I am sorry that you had to learn all of this, but this does not change any of the facts regarding these very old iOS devices.

Please recycle these old devices properly and responsibly.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 2:07 PM in response to Budzo

Forget this ancient, nearly 10 or 11-year old iPad.

Fully resetting this device will render this very old iPad model nearly useless, in 2022.

Sorry.

Apple ended support for all 9-11-year old iOS devices nearly 5 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, in 2022.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

AND, NO WAY to, initially, install any older, compatible, third party apps into this old iPad, any longer!

NO MORE SUPPORT! NO MORE APPS!

All 2011-2012 iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen iPad Mini models are fully and completely unsupported AND obsolete!

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 9-11-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now, in 2022.

In addition, the internal, rechargeable batteries in these old iPads are, also, running on borrowed time.

Not worth the costs to replace these old internal, rechargeable batteries in these old iPads, any longer, either.

I am sorry that you had to learn all of this, but this does not change any of the facts regarding these very old iOS devices.

Please recycle these old devices properly and responsibly.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

can't remember ORIGINAL apple id on an ipad version 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.