Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I unable to to add my cards to my Apple Watch Wallet?

Why am I unable to to add my cards to my apple watch

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 3:29 PM

Hello,

You will need to add the card using your paired iPhone.

About Wallet on Apple Watch - Apple Support

"The Wallet app on your Apple Watch lets you easily access the cards, passes, and keys you added to the Wallet app on your iPhone"

Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

"Add a new card on your iPhone

1. In the Wallet app, tap the Add button .
  2. Tap Debit or Credit Card.
  3. Tap Continue.
  4. Follow the steps on the screen to add a new card. If prompted, choose your bank or card issuer from the list or find them using the search bar.
  5. Verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
  6. If you have a paired Apple Watch, you have the option to also add the card to your watch."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 3:29 PM in response to jevy67

Hello,

You will need to add the card using your paired iPhone.

About Wallet on Apple Watch - Apple Support

"The Wallet app on your Apple Watch lets you easily access the cards, passes, and keys you added to the Wallet app on your iPhone"

Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

"Add a new card on your iPhone

1. In the Wallet app, tap the Add button .
  2. Tap Debit or Credit Card.
  3. Tap Continue.
  4. Follow the steps on the screen to add a new card. If prompted, choose your bank or card issuer from the list or find them using the search bar.
  5. Verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
  6. If you have a paired Apple Watch, you have the option to also add the card to your watch."

I hope this helps.

Why am I unable to to add my cards to my Apple Watch Wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.