Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command-C stops working

How can I determine why Command-C stops working?

So from time to time (frequently), I'll be working in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Apple Mail and for no apparent reason the Command-C shortcut stops being recognized. I'll copy something then go to paste only to discover that it is pasting the previous item from the clipboard. Then I notice that invoking Command-C isn't copying anymore. How can I troubleshoot/prevent/fix this issue. Happening in Catalina.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:41 AM

budoman wrote:

So from time to time (frequently), I'll be working in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Apple Mail and for no apparent reason the Command-C shortcut stops being recognized. I'll copy something then go to paste only to discover that it is pasting the previous item from the clipboard. Then I notice that invoking Command-C isn't copying anymore. How can I troubleshoot/prevent/fix this issue. Happening in Catalina.

Try rebooting and test.

Try a Safeboot to clear system cache files, reboot as normal and test

if no insight or resolve, test in a new user account:  https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac and compare your results.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 7:41 AM in response to budoman

budoman wrote:

Try rebooting and test.

Try a Safeboot to clear system cache files, reboot as normal and test

if no insight or resolve, test in a new user account:  https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac and compare your results.

Command-C stops working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.