Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS mail auto-corrects name to all caps

Every time I write an email, Mail auto-corrects my name to all caps when I write it at the end of the message. This behavior is unique to Mail. Messages and Pages do not make this change.

I have checked the text replacement settings and there is no issue there. I have also checked the the user dictionary in the ~Libraries folder.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:15 AM

rjmonti wrote:

Every time I write an email, Mail auto-corrects my name to all caps when I write it at the end of the message. This behavior is unique to Mail. Messages and Pages do not make this change.

I have checked the text replacement settings and there is no issue there. I have also checked the the user dictionary in the ~Libraries folder.

Any suggestions?

How is this user name written in your Contacts.app ...(?) in Caps...

From Mail.app>Window>View Previous recipients if it is in error here, remove it

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 9:15 AM in response to rjmonti

rjmonti wrote:

Any suggestions?

How is this user name written in your Contacts.app ...(?) in Caps...

From Mail.app>Window>View Previous recipients if it is in error here, remove it

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

MacOS mail auto-corrects name to all caps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.