Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speaker button

The iPhone 13's speaker button has a drop down menu. The options are iPhone, Speaker, my iMac. I have turned Bluetooth off as was mention in a prior post. Still the drop down menu persists. I just want to push the speaker button and have it turn on without asking me to choose between devices. How do I make that happen?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 4:18 PM

Besides the "hand off" and, in a prior post, where they thought the solution was to turn off bluetooth ... the dropdown menu persisted. The solution for me was to make the speaker the default.

The path for an iPhone 13 is: Settings, Accessibility, Touch, Call Auto Routing .. choose speaker. Now my phone simply answers with the speaker as the default ... no addition buttons to push.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 4:18 PM in response to faith185

Besides the "hand off" and, in a prior post, where they thought the solution was to turn off bluetooth ... the dropdown menu persisted. The solution for me was to make the speaker the default.

The path for an iPhone 13 is: Settings, Accessibility, Touch, Call Auto Routing .. choose speaker. Now my phone simply answers with the speaker as the default ... no addition buttons to push.

Jan 18, 2022 4:08 PM in response to Terralene

Hi Terralene,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you are on a phone call on your iPhone and press the speaker icon you see options that include your iMac.

It sounds like you are using Handoff which will allow you to pick up tasks on your other devices. You can turn it off using guidance from Hand off tasks between iPhone and your other devices.

Have a great day!

Speaker button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.