Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 will not ring for incoming calls although it does vibrate

My iPhone 8 will not ring for incoming calls although it does vibrate. How can I make it ring?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:51 PM

1. Check to see that the Silent switch is not set to ON. Silent switch is located on the Top Left Sideof your iPhone.
  2. Open Settings  Sounds & Haptics  Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.
  3. Check to see that Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF. Open Settings  Phone  Silence Unknown Callers : Set this to OFF
  4. Make sure that a ringer sound is assigned. Open Settings  Sounds & Haptics  Ringtone : Ensure that a Ringtone is assigned here.
  5. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFF. Open Settings  Focus  Do Not Disturb : Set this to OFF

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 9:51 PM in response to Rjbthunder

1. Check to see that the Silent switch is not set to ON. Silent switch is located on the Top Left Sideof your iPhone.
  2. Open Settings  Sounds & Haptics  Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.
  3. Check to see that Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF. Open Settings  Phone  Silence Unknown Callers : Set this to OFF
  4. Make sure that a ringer sound is assigned. Open Settings  Sounds & Haptics  Ringtone : Ensure that a Ringtone is assigned here.
  5. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFF. Open Settings  Focus  Do Not Disturb : Set this to OFF

Axel F.

My iPhone 8 will not ring for incoming calls although it does vibrate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.