You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Reset Apple Watch 2

What if doing below doesn’t reset my watch:

charger>side button>crown>reset

any other option?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 5:23 AM

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 5:23 AM in response to jeyaredeeayy

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

Jan 18, 2022 6:10 AM in response to Community User

For some reason, or perhaps to my sever attempts to reset, watch isn’t listed there anymore.

Watch-app on my iPhone, on-charger resetting, find my iphone reset are not on any of the options now.

both side button and crown dials are working, watch face responds when they are clicked. Except that it only shows “Too many attempts, try resetting and pair again” :((

Jan 18, 2022 6:32 AM in response to Community User

Didn’t actually forget. Was wrestling to removed the stuck strap. Ended in “too many passcode” attempts.

So I just found that my watch isn’t auto-connected to my iphone, hence watch-app isn’t able to connect when initiating reset. Found it out when I was exploring my iphone setting trying to find my watch listed anywhere, then noticed that it’s “not connected” in my bluetooth devices. Once connected, was able to reset. Thanks for the help.

Can’t Reset Apple Watch 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.