Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to search & restore a deleted calendar event without overwriting the calendar with an earlier backup?

I deleted a Calendar event with some notes on my Mac. I need need to access those notes again. I went to Trash but did not find any deleted Calendar events. I read up on the procedure to restore the calendar using iCloud to an earlier version, but I think that will overwrite the current calendar (meaning I will lose all the updates since the backup date selected). So is there any way I can search & find the event that was deleted & access the notes, without overwriting the current calendar?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 8:51 AM

Hi there Ali Soltani,

We understand you're asking how to restore a deleted Calendar event on your Mac. We're glad you've joined us here in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance.

As it stands, deleted events can't be restored individually. Have a look at the 'Restore your calendars from an earlier version' section of this link to learn more:

If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

We hope this provides some clarity. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 8:51 AM in response to Ali Soltani

Hi there Ali Soltani,

We understand you're asking how to restore a deleted Calendar event on your Mac. We're glad you've joined us here in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance.

As it stands, deleted events can't be restored individually. Have a look at the 'Restore your calendars from an earlier version' section of this link to learn more:

If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

We hope this provides some clarity. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

How to search & restore a deleted calendar event without overwriting the calendar with an earlier backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.