Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app keep crashing on new Macbook Pro while trying to update music library

I have a new Macbook Pro 2020 and I'm trying to access my music with Music app. I logged in with my Apple Id and password, but it always end up crashing.

It loads, saying that the iCloud library’s loading and that it will take some minutes, but then the app closes.

I have the latest OS update and I tried to open it in safe mode too.

Big thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 5:13 AM

If you have your previous computer see Move your iTunes/Music library to a new computer - Apple Community and reduce the workload Music has to do to set up your library.

tt2

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 19, 2022 6:48 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for the reply!

I now have access to my Itunes library (and the Music app doesn't crash anymore). Thank you!

However, I still have nothing left from what I had on Music app. I know I didn't purchased the music, but at least I would like to see what I had in my library (so I don't have to go search each and every item of my previous setup). Currently, I've entered my Apple ID and I can access to Apple music, but what I had previously to my library is not here.

Thank you again! Cheers.

Music app keep crashing on new Macbook Pro while trying to update music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.