Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I tap to go from drawing to eraser

How to use Apple pen to go from drawing to eraser

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 4:50 PM

On Apple Pencil (2nd generation), you can double tap to change tools, and what this does for any apps that use Apple’s markup toolbar, can be changed globally in settings (Settings > Apple Pencil if it wasn’t obvious). For apps that use their own drawing toolbars, you can change what this does in their own settings if possible.

On Apple Pencil (1st generation) you’ll need to use the user interface to select the rubber / eraser tool.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 4:50 PM in response to Gotoameeting

On Apple Pencil (2nd generation), you can double tap to change tools, and what this does for any apps that use Apple’s markup toolbar, can be changed globally in settings (Settings > Apple Pencil if it wasn’t obvious). For apps that use their own drawing toolbars, you can change what this does in their own settings if possible.

On Apple Pencil (1st generation) you’ll need to use the user interface to select the rubber / eraser tool.

Jan 18, 2022 4:51 PM in response to Gotoameeting

Hi Gotoameeting, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I am not sure which Apple Pencil you have e.g. Apple Pencil or Apple Pencil 2.

Nevertheless most drawing apps on the iPad usually have an Eraser function as part of their Colour Palette. The following link shows the Colour Palette in the Apple Notes app:

https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/HT211774

Furthermore, if you have the Apple Pencil 2, the link also explains how you can setup and use the Double-Tap capability of the Apple Pencil 2 to switch between the Current Tool and Eraser by going to: Settings > Apple Pencil > Double-Tap.

What do I tap to go from drawing to eraser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.