Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Button - Why is it not triggering at all?

Hi,

I've been having issues with Apple Pay working on multiple accounts on my MacBook. I have other members of my team with the exact same macbook, safari version and OS version. They are seeing success with triggering apple pay on click, but is not working on my machine.

When they log into my account(s) on their macbook, they can trigger apple pay on click, so I know that the issue is isolated to my machine only.

Is there an official list of troubleshooting suggestions to get Apple pay working? I've tried so many things and none have worked.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:22 AM

Hi,

I have managed to fix it. I needed to go into terminal and set

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate AutomaticCheckEnabled YES.

Normally you'd be able to uncheck and check the box in security update, but you will need to use the above code if you need to do it in terminal.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 6:22 AM in response to KGTWC

Hi,

I have managed to fix it. I needed to go into terminal and set

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate AutomaticCheckEnabled YES.

Normally you'd be able to uncheck and check the box in security update, but you will need to use the above code if you need to do it in terminal.

Jan 20, 2022 2:12 AM in response to askbarnabas

1. Our OS version is managed by a third party software that is used across our corporate machines. Other members of my team have the same OS version as myself and have had no issues initialising an apple pay session.
  2. Have tried this, even in developer mode.
  3. No iPhone or attached device. Other members of my team do not have a linked device and have successfully triggered an apple pay session, so the lack of a device on hand should not be an issue.

Apple Pay Button - Why is it not triggering at all?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.