Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch stopped recording Cardio Fitness. How can I get it started again?

I have an Apple Watch Series 4 and an iPhone 13 Pro. When I got the new phone, the Apple Watch stopped recording and transmitting Cardio Fitness data to the phone. I've checked the privacy settings on both the watch and the phone and everything appears to be set up correctly. How can I get these 2 devices to start reporting on my cardio fitness again?

It was quite consistent before, but now nothing since December 17th (33 days now) despite regular run and strength training exercise

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 7:40 AM

Apple says;

Your Apple Watch gives you a cardio fitness ESTIMATE by measuring how hard your heart is working during an outdoor walk, run or hike.

VO2 max relates to maximal exertion. So you’ll need to log a pretty intensive workout to generate a reading. And you’ll need to sustain it for at least 20 minutes.

Tighten the watch band a touch and clean the sensors on the bottom of the watch..

And don't wear the watch on top of ant tattoos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 7:40 AM in response to tysonjacque

Apple says;

Your Apple Watch gives you a cardio fitness ESTIMATE by measuring how hard your heart is working during an outdoor walk, run or hike.

VO2 max relates to maximal exertion. So you’ll need to log a pretty intensive workout to generate a reading. And you’ll need to sustain it for at least 20 minutes.

Tighten the watch band a touch and clean the sensors on the bottom of the watch..

And don't wear the watch on top of ant tattoos.

My Apple Watch stopped recording Cardio Fitness. How can I get it started again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.