Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tech support for my iPad

How long will apple support my iPad and will they notify me when they stop, thank you

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 9:05 AM

Unknown. Apple does not offer life spans or time frames for support of devices, nor do they let people know ahead of time when it will end. The most they do, is offer a list of devices supported for the upcoming iPadOS version at their WWDC (World Wide developers Conference) in June, around 6 months before the iOS version is released to the public. If your device appears in the list, it's supported, otherwise it is not.

Software support normally ends between 5 to 7 years after the device model was originally released (not when you bought it) Hardware support can continue for several more years after that.

If you provide the exact model of iPad we can give you a general idea of how much longer it may get software updates.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 9:05 AM in response to Plantfan

Unknown. Apple does not offer life spans or time frames for support of devices, nor do they let people know ahead of time when it will end. The most they do, is offer a list of devices supported for the upcoming iPadOS version at their WWDC (World Wide developers Conference) in June, around 6 months before the iOS version is released to the public. If your device appears in the list, it's supported, otherwise it is not.

Software support normally ends between 5 to 7 years after the device model was originally released (not when you bought it) Hardware support can continue for several more years after that.

If you provide the exact model of iPad we can give you a general idea of how much longer it may get software updates.

Jan 24, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Plantfan

Plantfan wrote:

Thank you for your response. I have an iPad mini four I think. Will they update it for me if I bring it in to a store?

They can help you update it sure. The iPad mini 4 can update to the current iPadOS 15.2.1

Unless there's some issue, you can just go to Settings->General->Software Update and update it yourself. It's a simple process from there.

Tech support for my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.