Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Bar on iPad.

is there a way to move/hide the 'Home Bar' at the bottom of the iPad & iPhone? It is extremely annoying when trying to find a particular spot in a video & you are getting real close & you slow down to get to that exact spot & POOF, you are in another app. 😖

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 12:17 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, but I am not concerned about the Dock. It is the Black Bar at the bottom (I think it is called the 'Home Bar') that switches between Apps. It is extremely hard to move around in a video with that Bar in that location. They are also many others Apps that this Bar impede their ease of operation (Excel being one of the worst with the sheets at the bottom). I just want to know if there is a way to remove it (ideally) or move it on top or somewhere else. Thanks Again.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 12:17 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for the quick reply, but I am not concerned about the Dock. It is the Black Bar at the bottom (I think it is called the 'Home Bar') that switches between Apps. It is extremely hard to move around in a video with that Bar in that location. They are also many others Apps that this Bar impede their ease of operation (Excel being one of the worst with the sheets at the bottom). I just want to know if there is a way to remove it (ideally) or move it on top or somewhere else. Thanks Again.

Jan 22, 2022 4:35 AM in response to alfromottawa

It may be worth noting that while the Home Bar cannot be hidden from iPad Settings, Apps themselves can be coded to suppress visibility of the Home Bar. There are many Apps, available from the App Store, that have been specifically coded to do so.

As such, for specific Apps where presence of the Home Bar is an issue, you might approach the respective App Developer with a request for their App to be appropriately updated:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Home Bar on iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.