Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth volume low in vehicle

Recently my iPhone X has very low volume in my vehicle, too low to have a conversation so I am unable to use. Previously it worked fine, nothing has been changed in my phone that I am aware of. How do I restore the volume on Bluetooth in my vehicle?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 2:51 PM

ChrisJ4203, thank you so much. Seems so simple yet I did not think of it. Never had the problem in over 2 years with this phone, or over 6 years in our vehicle.

3 replies

Jan 20, 2022 11:46 AM in response to theressa2

Hey theressa2,

We understand that call volume in your car is now too low to hear the person or people on the other end. If you are using CarPlay (via Bluetooth), then the steps in this article might help: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support You can skip these numbers, since those are not relevant to your issue: 2, 4, and 5.

If you are connecting via Bluetooth with the car stereo, then the following steps might help, which are from this article: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support The article and section title may not reflect what you are encountering, but the steps may help. We've took out the steps that aren't relevant to your issue.

"Connect using Bluetooth

1. Restart your device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for about 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.

5. Update your device.

6. Make sure that your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information."

Take care.

Jan 20, 2022 12:06 PM in response to theressa2

I found in one of the loaner vehicles that I connected my iPhone to a similar behavior. Seems some vehicles have different settings. When you are in the call and you try turning up the volume with the radio controls and it does not make a difference in the volume of the call you need to do something else. While in the call, on the iPhone with the screen unlocked, use the volume controls on the side of the iPhone and increase that volume. That should allow the volume of the call to increase. Seems some Bluetooth need to have the gain of the call coming from the phone to the vehicle increased. This worked for me.

Bluetooth volume low in vehicle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.