Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iCloud backups are compatible with the version of iOS 9.3.5 on this iPad. What do I do?

No iCloud backups are compatible with the version of iOS 9.3.5 on this iPad. What do I do?

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 12:54 PM

You are trying to restore an older backup with a newer iOS update. That will not work. The iPad you are trying to restore to is only compatible with iOS 9.3.5 which makes it quite an old iPad. An iPad compatible with iOS 9.3.5 has to be either an iPad 2nd or 3rd generation or an iPad Mini 1st generation. It appears that you may have created a backup on a much newer iPad with iPadOS 15.1 It is impossible to use those newer backups.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 12:54 PM in response to StephSee

You are trying to restore an older backup with a newer iOS update. That will not work. The iPad you are trying to restore to is only compatible with iOS 9.3.5 which makes it quite an old iPad. An iPad compatible with iOS 9.3.5 has to be either an iPad 2nd or 3rd generation or an iPad Mini 1st generation. It appears that you may have created a backup on a much newer iPad with iPadOS 15.1 It is impossible to use those newer backups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.