You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY IPHONE RINGS TWICE AND automatically ANSWERS ITSELF. I WANT TI TO RING OR GO TO voicemail. WHAT DO I DO?

MY IPHONE RINGS TWICE AND automatically ANSWERS ITSELF. I WANT TI TO RING OR GO TO voicemail. WHAT DO I DO?

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 4:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Hello kbaterp, 

We understand that your iPhone is automatically answering incoming calls. 

Could you please check the Call Audio Routing setting in Settings > Accessibility > Touch and see if Auto-Answer Calls is enabled? If it is, please disable it and see if there is any change. 

Thanks. 

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2022 2:40 PM in response to kbaterp

Hello kbaterp, 

We understand that your iPhone is automatically answering incoming calls. 

Could you please check the Call Audio Routing setting in Settings > Accessibility > Touch and see if Auto-Answer Calls is enabled? If it is, please disable it and see if there is any change. 

Thanks. 

Jan 20, 2022 5:03 PM in response to kbaterp

kbaterp, 

There are a few settings you can check on your iPhone. The first is whether numbers or contacts have been blocked through the device’s software. You’ll find that in Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. 

Then, while you’re in Settings > Phone, also check to see if ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ is enabled and if it is, disable it. With some carriers, there is also a setting called ‘Silence Junk Callers’ and that’s in Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification. Check to see if that is enabled. 

Lastly, if you haven’t restarted your iPhone since deleting that app, do that now. Restart your iPhone

Thank you. 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.