Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new iphone did not come with charger

do i get a charger

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 4:26 PM

If you look on the Apple website, it says what comes in the box. So it shouldn’t be a surprise to you. If you want to use the cable that came with your new iPhone, you can use an USB-C PD capable charger, like the Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter.

7 replies

Jan 19, 2022 4:29 PM in response to Shay5555

You can buy a charger for the cable you got (USB-C to Lightning), or buy a cable (USB-A to Lightning) for the charger you might already have.

Apple and other vendors offer these parts.

If you have an existing USB-A to Lightning cable and a charger from a previous iPhone, that’ll work here.

If you want to fast charge your iPhone, you’ll need the USB-C charger.

Feb 1, 2022 10:01 AM in response to Shay5555

I received my new iPhone 13 Pro and as you said, no charger. This is my first Apple device in over a decade. None of my PCs have USB-C connections. So I had a new phone and no way to charge it. When I called Apple support and told her I was switching from an Android and I did not have access to a USB-C connection, the rep listed all the possible Apple devices I could plug my phone into or could I borrow an adaptor from a friend. This went on for about 15 minutes for the rep to understand that not everyone had Apple devices laying around. Finally, the rep said she would send me an adaptor. I was dismayed that I would have to wait several days to start using my new iPhone but happy they saw the problem and were willing to fix it....until he asked me for my card number to bill me $20 for the adaptor. I just spent $1000 for a phone and now you want another $20 so I can use it!!!! I suddenly remembered why I switch to PC and Android so many years ago.

I must say I'm not buying the environmental reason for not sending an adaptor with the phone. People covet their adaptors. They don't throw them away as I was told by the rep. "many people get a new phone every year so they do not need the adaptors. They become environmental waste. " Hmmmm

To be fair, in the end I was able to convince them to send me an adaptor for no charge, pun intended. I think Apple should reconsider this policy of sending phones without an adaptor. Or they should happily supply an adaptor to welcome new Apple users to their club.

my new iphone did not come with charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.