Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How could i know my phone is original

I bought iphone 7 from a top seller second hand phone in mainland china, my question is how could i verify if the iphone 7 is a original from apple? How to find ?

thank you

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 5:50 PM

4 replies

Jan 19, 2022 6:01 PM in response to KevinRaz

Not sure if the technology in the iPhone 7 has it, but there are now messages that indicate if the battery, display, and camera aren't original. They will nag the user that there's something that isn't original. And sometimes it could be a part that is OEM but somehow it lost contact or it was replaced with a salvaged part from another iPhone. Only Apple equipment can reset these messages.

About genuine iPhone cameras - Apple Support

About genuine iPhone batteries - Apple Support

About genuine iPhone displays - Apple Support

If you have access to an Apple Store, I'm sure they can run a diagnostic that indicates whether or not all the parts are OEM. There might be some things it might be able to tell, like if a glass/digitizer-only repair was done to the front-screen assembly, but usually there are ways to tell by looking for little details.

How could i know my phone is original

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.