Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iPod touch 6 that won’t update

I have a old iPod and it won’t update

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 11:09 AM

If your iPod is on iOS 12.5.5 then it's a 6th generation iPod Touch and it cannot update to iOS 13 or later.

If (and note specifically the word "if") - if there are any further updates for the 6th gen Touch, they will be in the iOS 12 range and almost certainly will be for security reasons only. In other words, there will be no new features.

If your iPod is on an earlier version of iOS than iOS 12.5.5, let us know which version it is and we can discuss any possibilities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 11:09 AM in response to Ben_Chernega

If your iPod is on iOS 12.5.5 then it's a 6th generation iPod Touch and it cannot update to iOS 13 or later.

If (and note specifically the word "if") - if there are any further updates for the 6th gen Touch, they will be in the iOS 12 range and almost certainly will be for security reasons only. In other words, there will be no new features.

If your iPod is on an earlier version of iOS than iOS 12.5.5, let us know which version it is and we can discuss any possibilities.

I have a iPod touch 6 that won’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.