Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to revert to older OS on Macbook Pro 2008?

I use my MacPro for music. How can I revert for another OS than El Capitan IOS 10,11.6. to an earlier system? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 4:47 AM

That would only be possible if you still have the DVD to install the OSX, that came with it.

Or try starting up in Recovery Mode, using the Shift-Option-Command-R option.

When you install macOS from Recovery, you get the current version of the most recently installed macOS, with some exceptions:

• On an Intel-based Mac, if you use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup, you're offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. If you use Option-Command-R during startup, in most cases you're offered the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac. Otherwise you're offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

copied from: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Restoring from a TimeMachine backup from those days might also work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 4:47 AM in response to BrooklynBob69

That would only be possible if you still have the DVD to install the OSX, that came with it.

Or try starting up in Recovery Mode, using the Shift-Option-Command-R option.

When you install macOS from Recovery, you get the current version of the most recently installed macOS, with some exceptions:

• On an Intel-based Mac, if you use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup, you're offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. If you use Option-Command-R during startup, in most cases you're offered the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac. Otherwise you're offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

copied from: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Restoring from a TimeMachine backup from those days might also work.

How to revert to older OS on Macbook Pro 2008?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.