Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft word

My mac wont let me download Microsoft Word, it keeps saying this "(null) can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because OS X version 10.15 or later is required." Can someone please help me?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:55 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and if your MacBook Air model is recent enough, click on Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run the current version of Word. Alternatively, use a product such as LibreOffice instead.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212483)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 6:55 AM in response to jessicascoffins

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and if your MacBook Air model is recent enough, click on Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run the current version of Word. Alternatively, use a product such as LibreOffice instead.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212483)

microsoft word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.