Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to access my macbook air desktop contents with my i phone.How do I do this?

I want to access my macbook air desktop contents with my i phone.How do I do this?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:13 AM

Provided that your iPhone and your Mac are both signed into your iCloud account you can use the Files app on the iPhone to access the files on your Mac's desktop.

This further requires that you have activated syncing not just for your iCloud Drive but also for your Mac's desktop:

System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive > Options > Desktop and Documents Folders

The adjacent box must be ticked to include these two locations.

To be more precise: you are accessing the files in iCloud and not your Mac directly. It works the same way as any iCloud syncing service - the content is on iCloud and all participating devices are downloading a copy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Hariharan123

Provided that your iPhone and your Mac are both signed into your iCloud account you can use the Files app on the iPhone to access the files on your Mac's desktop.

This further requires that you have activated syncing not just for your iCloud Drive but also for your Mac's desktop:

System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive > Options > Desktop and Documents Folders

The adjacent box must be ticked to include these two locations.

To be more precise: you are accessing the files in iCloud and not your Mac directly. It works the same way as any iCloud syncing service - the content is on iCloud and all participating devices are downloading a copy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.