Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps don’t connect to Wi-Fi

I have an iPad Pro 2018. I have connection problems with certain apps, but not others. In settings it says I am connected, but the Wi-Fi symbol that is usually at the top of the screen has disappeared. Apps like Disney+, Netflix, and safari work fine, but YouTube, Spotify, and Google Meets, say that they are not connected to Wi-Fi. I can get YouTube to work in safari. I know that there is nothing wrong with my home Wi-Fi because all other devices connect to the internet without problems. I have tried restarting both my iPad and the internet but the problem continues. Any suggestions?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:31 AM

Despite other devices appearing to be working normally on your home WiFi network, it remains possible for an individual device to experience network connectivity issues.

A simple restart of your Home WiFi Router may resolve the issue - and as a first step in isolating the problem is recommended.

To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Also be aware that some Security Apps, such as Norton, can interfere with connections in general - or unexpectedly block traffic for some Apps while seemingly allowing others to operate normally. If installed on your iPad, as a diagnostic tools, either disable or remove the App.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 6:31 AM in response to Confused_ipad_user

Despite other devices appearing to be working normally on your home WiFi network, it remains possible for an individual device to experience network connectivity issues.

A simple restart of your Home WiFi Router may resolve the issue - and as a first step in isolating the problem is recommended.

To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Also be aware that some Security Apps, such as Norton, can interfere with connections in general - or unexpectedly block traffic for some Apps while seemingly allowing others to operate normally. If installed on your iPad, as a diagnostic tools, either disable or remove the App.

Some apps don’t connect to Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.