Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which are the previous version OS of mac os work on mac m1 mini.

I am asinger/ song writer and i need to use autotune 9 which is not supported on mac m1. Kindly tell me about which are the previous version OS of mac os work on mac m1 mini.

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:40 AM

Oldest that is possible is macOS Big Sur. But if your MacMini came with Monterey on it, you will likely need an external drive and create a dual boot system with Big Sur on the external.

with all the new security in Monterey and in the M1 Macs, even though the M1 Mini is capable of running Big Sur, you might not be able to do it on the internal drive.

Either way, you will likely need to upgrade to Autotune 11 in order to work on the M1.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 8:40 AM in response to ZainXaidi

Oldest that is possible is macOS Big Sur. But if your MacMini came with Monterey on it, you will likely need an external drive and create a dual boot system with Big Sur on the external.

with all the new security in Monterey and in the M1 Macs, even though the M1 Mini is capable of running Big Sur, you might not be able to do it on the internal drive.

Either way, you will likely need to upgrade to Autotune 11 in order to work on the M1.

Which are the previous version OS of mac os work on mac m1 mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.