Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 iOS15.2 freezing using YouTube

I have recently purchased a second-hand iPhone 11 (iOS15.2) it's about 18 months old and I have a problem with YouTube. It works fine whilst I am at home on Wi-Fi or using Data. But as soon as I leave my "Wi-Fi" range at the end of the garden, YouTube videos freeze and I get the circling. The only thing that resolves it is forgetting the Wi-Fi network and logging back on to the Wi-Fi and adding the password. I can then play YouTube video's either on the Wi-Fi or on Data again, until I leave the house again and walk down to the end of the garden. It's as if the Wi-Fi is getting stuck, even if I turn the Wi-Fi off, I'm getting to the end of the Wi-Fi range and am wondering if the phone I have purchased has a problem with the Wi-Fi connectivity. I have tried hard reset, deleting and re-installing YouTube App, I've searched internet, youtube (via laptop) and searched on the community page on apple and can't see any solutions. Thank you for reading.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:11 AM

I've fixed it! My old company had put a VPN on the old phone and it transferred over to the new phone, but was out of date. Once I removed it my phone started working properly. Don't know how to close this though.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 11 iOS15.2 freezing using YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.