Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no system update found

using old version of Safari and "no system update found" What to do?

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:34 PM

That would mean that your current operating system is already up to date. If you wish to install a newer version of Safari, then you need to upgrade your operating system to a newer version. Upgrades are found in the Apple App Store. What you can upgrade to depends on the year and model of your Mac and what OS is currently installed.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 2:34 PM in response to shanti710

That would mean that your current operating system is already up to date. If you wish to install a newer version of Safari, then you need to upgrade your operating system to a newer version. Upgrades are found in the Apple App Store. What you can upgrade to depends on the year and model of your Mac and what OS is currently installed.

Jan 25, 2022 1:13 PM in response to shanti710

I'm sorry, apparently you didn't understand what Said above. Updates and upgrades are two completely different things. To install a newer operating system, is called an upgrade. An update is when you install a more current version of your current operating system. If it shows no updates available, that means that your current OS is up to date and no further updates are available for it. To install an upgrade to a newer, different operating system, what you can install depends on the year and model of your Mac. As I mentioned, you should be able to find links to the newer operating systems in the Apple App Store. Then when you upgrade, the Safari browser will also be upgraded. In the alternative, you can also install another browser such as Firefox or one of the many others found in the Apple store. They can be individually upgraded. Since you have chosen not to upgrade, that is your decision and has no bearing on Apple.

Jan 25, 2022 3:18 PM in response to Ronasara

thanks again! :)

Also tried apple store, searched system upgrade and turned up nothing. I was trying to eventually get to current safari browser and current OS

Understood upgrade vs update....i amusing iMac 21.5" late 2015 computer.

it is OS X10.11.6, which is definitely not the current version

Also sorry for all the miscommunications - multiple times before this post, i did try to update software and update OS X = and it does read "no updates available""which i was trying to say but clearly failed (about this mac, then press "software update"- checking- none available)

Sorry i had to make you explain something i did understand.

You are so patient and kind to those you don't know especially not knowing them.

checking for updates leads to "no updates available"

Actually, apple does have a business model to continually sell newer computers, i can't update or upgrade bc it was purchased in 2016....a late 2015 version ...

thanks again!

no system update found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.