Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgade from snow leopard to High Sierra

I have a mid 2010 white Macbook with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed. Can I upgrade that computer directly to High Sierra (10.13) or do I have to install Mountain Lion (10.8) first ? High Sierra is the maximum version that can operate that computer.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 1:58 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and download Yosemite or El Capitan. It's not possible to upgrade straight from Snow Leopard to a version newer than those.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212510)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 1:58 PM in response to JoMonferrand

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and download Yosemite or El Capitan. It's not possible to upgrade straight from Snow Leopard to a version newer than those.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212510)

Upgade from snow leopard to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.