Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded from High Sierra to Monterrey- everything functions well except cannot open Garageband

Upgraded from High Sierra to Monterrey- everything functions well except cannot open Garageband- a GB page opens stating "GARAGEBAND UPDATING INFORMATION ABOUT AUDIO PLUGINS"-For a while it asked about a few plugins, but before the update of plugins is completed. GB quits- I tried deleting quite a fes plugins thinks that perhaps the problem is I have too many- that does not work.

Please help ( iMac-2017)

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 6:45 PM

What I finally had to do was delete everyone one of over 300 plugins- that did it, but what a pain it was re-installing some of them and even so, GB is slow and not very resposnsive- What I will eventually do is revert back to High Sierra

6 replies

Upgraded from High Sierra to Monterrey- everything functions well except cannot open Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.