Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won't turn off or open apps

My iphone 11 will not turn off, & I can’t open any apps, not even settings. It won’t let me use buttons on the side to force a shutdown either. I can still swipe from screen to screen, just can’t open anything...

please help.

I tried force reset and it doesn't work. I have made 3 attempts and nothing.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 5:33 PM

iphone11userAMM Said:

"My iPhone won't turn off or open apps: My iphone 11 will not turn off, & I can’t open any apps, not even settings. It won’t let me use buttons on the side to force a shutdown either. I can still swipe from screen to screen, just can’t open anything... please help. I tried force reset and it doesn't work. I have made 3 attempts and nothing."

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Start with a Restart:

Refer to this link: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

No Success?

Refer the the following for troubleshooting techniques.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 5:33 PM in response to iphone11userAMM

iphone11userAMM Said:

"My iPhone won't turn off or open apps: My iphone 11 will not turn off, & I can’t open any apps, not even settings. It won’t let me use buttons on the side to force a shutdown either. I can still swipe from screen to screen, just can’t open anything... please help. I tried force reset and it doesn't work. I have made 3 attempts and nothing."

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Start with a Restart:

Refer to this link: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

No Success?

Refer the the following for troubleshooting techniques.

My iPhone won't turn off or open apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.