Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I prevent the phone ringing when a call comes from someone who is not on my contact list

I would like to make incoming calls and texts from anyone not on my call list silent without changing the calls from my contact list.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:02 AM

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers will silence calls -- see Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

There is an option in Settings > Messages to filter messages from unknown senders but I have not used that and don't know if it silences them. See: Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 9:02 AM in response to N0r4

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers will silence calls -- see Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

There is an option in Settings > Messages to filter messages from unknown senders but I have not used that and don't know if it silences them. See: Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Can I prevent the phone ringing when a call comes from someone who is not on my contact list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.